NorCalBats offers exciting, informative lectures on bats! Our presentations include:
- A PowerPoint presentation about bats.
- We discuss the harmful myths that surround these animals
- Participants learn the importance of bats in our environment
Live bats of California native species are presented for viewing and discussion. All bats are certified as non-releasable by California Department of Fish & Wildlife and the U.S. Department of Agriculture—injury precludes them from surviving the wild. The bat is projected, via movie camera, onto the wall for all to view.
For the Safety of the Bats
- The bats are kept in a container until each is displayed individually.
- The bats have all lived in quarantined captivity prior to becoming part
of the education program.
- NorCalBats is permitted by both the CA Dept of Fish and Wildlife and the USDA to have educational, non-releasable animals
- As per our permit, no one can be with in 6 feet of the bat when it is out of the container
- No one can touch or pet the bat even through the container
Fees For Presentations
We believe it is best to present to one class at a time but will present to up to 40 students. Over that and the quality for the children is too greatly affected.
Fees for school presentations are as follows:
- One presentation: $175
- Two presentations on the same day at the same location: $210
- Additional presentations above 2 will be $30 each.
- A mileage rate of $0.55 will be charged over 60 miles from Davis, and bridge tolls will also be charged when appropriate.
Presentations are adapted to the school schedule but typically run about 45 – 60 minutes each.
Use the contact form at the bottom of this page for more information, or to schedule a presentation. See our event calendar to check date availability. School presentations are generally available on Mondays and Thursdays, with a few exceptions.
Libraries and Businesses
One-time presentations for libraries and businesses are available for $200.00. We will remain after the presentation to answer questions. The presentation lasts approximately 45 minutes to one hour.
Bat Lecture Contact Form
Use this contact form for more information, or to schedule a presentation.
If you wish to make a payment for a scheduled lecture or event, please use the button below:
Please visit our Calendar of Lectures and Events page for a detailed calendar.